Health Minister Tyler Shandro makes his Trending 55 Hot Seat debut today as we discuss a wide range of issues.
Among topics discussed include:
- what made him want to take on the health file, and what areas of healthcare he is passionate about
- how independently owned and operated surgical clinics are part of the healthcare system, and Albertans needing surgery will NOT have to pay out-of-pocket
- an update on his announcement from September about a $20 million investment in end-of-life care, which Peace River MLA, Dan Williams is working on with the minister
- as always on the Hot Seat, we ask our guests about their hobbies and interests away from work; and,
- Shandro hints that an announcement on the drug that “Mighty” Max Sych needs (zolgensma) for his treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) could be coming in the near future.
You can hear our full conversation with Shandro here.
– Kenny Trenton, Trending 55 Newsroom