The High Prairie RCMP is looking for two suspects in an attempted murder case.
The Mounties say they got a firearms related complaint just past midnight on February 12 in Whitefish Lake First Nation.
A 26-year-old male was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Further investigation revealed that is unnamed victim was a target.
Bobby Fawn Auger of Peace River and Venessia Katelynn Cardinal of Marten Lake have been charged with the following:
- Attempted murder with a firearm
- Break and enter into residence
- Careless use of a firearm
- Discharge firearm with intent
- Disguised with intent to commit offence
- Overcoming resistance to the commission of an indictable offence
- Participate in activities of a criminal organization
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Using a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Uttering threats (x2)
Auger is also charged with fail to comply with release conditions (x4)
Police are asking anyone to contact them if they witnessed anything in the Whitefish Lake area between February 11 at 11:30 pm and February 12 at 12:30 am.
Anyone who knows anything about the whereabouts of Cardinal and Auger are being asked to call the High Prairie RCMP at 780-523-3370.
The Mounties are also encouraging the public not to approach the suspects as they are considered armed and dangerous.
– Kenny Trenton, Trending 55 Newsroom