Today, the Trending 55 Newsroom had a chance to speak with Justice Minister and Solicitor General, Kaycee Madu.
Topics covered with the minister include:
- his thoughts on becoming the first African-Canadian Justice Minister in the country’s history
- creating a justice system that is equal and fair to everyone
- his thoughts on the upcoming case in the Supreme Court of Canada against the federal carbon tax
- his plans for the ministry
- defunding the police (a non-starter for Madu)
- his thoughts on defacing statues and monuments as a form of protest
- Madu is also the MLA for Edmonton-Southwest and he talks about the issues he faces in his riding as a urban-area MLA, and;
- the minister opens up about his family and his passion for soccer!
The full discussion with Madu is below.
– Kenny Trenton, Trending 55 Newsroom