On Fridays, the Trending 55 Newsroom hears from Justice Minsiter and Solicitor General, Doug Schweitzer on politics and baseball.
This week in terms of the legislature, we asked Schweitzer about:
- Meetings with minority group leaders on police reform
- Reducing response times for law enforcement
- The Referendum Act and Senate Elections Act receiving Royal Assent
- Issues on the federal government’s ban of certain types of firearms, and more.
- Schweitzer called for a Los Angeles Dodgers/New York Yankees World Series, with Dodgers ace Clayton Kerhsaw injured, how much that could hurt their chances
- His thoughts on if any of the Houston Astors players are hit by pitches this season, and;
- How he would react if he was a manager, and his pitcher had a less favourable strike zone than the opposing pitcher.
The full discussion is below.
– Kenny Trenton, Trending 55 Newsroom