Big Lakes County has made some changes to their operations because of the COVID-19 situation.
The county administration buildings and FCSS offices are being closed to the public until further notice as are all of their public recreation facilities.
Also closed are the Kinuso Municipal Library and Kinosayo Museum and the FCSS Faust Afterschool Youth Program has been cancelled.
They have also waived all penalties on utility bills for the months of April and May.
The following events have also been affected:
• Scheduled Meetings – CANCELLED
Any scheduled meetings with Big Lakes County council or staff involving
members of the public are hereby cancelled.
• March 25th Council Meeting – CANCELLED
• March 25th Municipal Planning Commission – Cancelled
• Dugout and Farm Water Management- POSTPONED
• ICF Signing – CLOSED TO PUBLIC
• Deadstock and Prediction Management Workshop – POSTPONED
• Volunteer Appreciation Week Events – CANCELLED
• Joussard Water Treatment Plant & FCSS Grand Opening – POSTPONED
• Seniors Week – CANCELLED
Click here for the latest updates from the Government of Alberta.
Click here for the latest updates from the Government of Canada.
– Kyle Moore, Trending 55 Newsroom